Past Lives

9 responses to “Past Lives

1. Believe it or not, even Larry King had a show dedicated to this phenomena, which included the family above. Google, Larry King, Reincarnation.

2. Years ago, when I somehow ended up in LA, I quickly became friends with a group of young Scientologists, creative types all about the same age, and, one by one, we all attested to Clear. Yet not one of us did any Dianetic auditing. All past life Clears. Coincidence?

I recall going Clear in the 1950s in Elizabeth, NJ. My auditor’s name was Betty – a lovely lady whose face I can see now and whom I’d like to acknowledge if she reads this – and I had the good fortune to attest to a certain red-haired examiner with whom I soon after shared a menthol cigarette.

Here’s an interesting tale, Marty, I believe from someone we know:

“I was born in the mid 50s, this time around. During the course of one of my counselling sessions I discovered with clarity the life that I had lived just before this one. I was an American agent with the CIA. In 1939, somewhere in my late twenties or early thirties, I joined the OSS – the Over Seas Service – the forerunner to the CIA. I was one of their first batch of recruits. I was sent overseas to spy on the Germans and Nazis and recalled with some vividness some of my adventures of killing German military people during my stay there. When I returned to the states I was used for many operative engagements in America and South America. In 1954, when the cold war, anti-Communist sentiment and Communist witch hunts were boiling over in America, I was informed by my superiors that L Ron Hubbard, “cult” leader of Dianetics and Scientology was on the suspect list of men considered a threat to America. Surprisingly, I was assigned to observe him and to infiltrate his establishment. Now here’s where it really gets wierd – I did in fact attend one of his lectures in Phoenix Arizona, called the Phoenix Lectures later. I sat through many of his lectures and I was enthralled. I remembered thinking to myself, if this guy is a threat to America then I am working for the wrong people, and sure enough, as time progressed and my superiors pressed me for more invasive tactics, I hedged and they saw that I had been compromised and acted. The rest of the story has its own intrigue and wasn’t pretty – but suffice to say – when I first came across Hubbard at a center some 35 years ago, I was stunned. I was walking out of the center, having just been introduced to Scientology, and they were playing a film of one of his lectures from the late 50s. I heard his voice, turned and watched the film, and thought to myself – “I know that guy”.

3. Oops, ‘this phenomenon’.

4. Beautiful story, and it’s so wonderful that this boy was helped by his parents to discover the details of his own history. I can’t help but think an auditing session would have been quicker, less expensive and would have handled the charge more completely for him, but what a great experience the whole thing was in its own right. And some people will just not be convinced until they see the “proof” of the physical world agreeing with the theta world.

Funny, too – I have seen so many interesting subjects being drawn over and over by young kids over the years. They probably should have gone in their pc folders!

5. 18 responses so far ↓

Overdriver // January 5, 2010 at 9:34 pm | Reply

Amazing. Thank you for sharing!

Cat Daddy // January 5, 2010 at 9:48 pm | Reply

I remember a documentary on an Indian Boy who owned a TV store in his past life. He had a small dent in the middle of his forehead where he was shot in that past life. I found in facinating. Bhudists belief you need to come back untill you get it right. I belief in reïncarnation. Alsoo I believe some can get it right in one lifetime. I have been thinking about the increase of human beings and how this relaters to reïncarnation. Alsoo I am intrested in people who came back from a near dead expierience because when coming back sometimes they have an ability that they did not have before. This kind of thing is humbling. Alsoo I support the utterance of one of my favorit dutch Bishops that Chatolisism and Bhudism are kindred spirits. Great find Marty.
    o

NOTSaware // January 6, 2010 at 7:41 am | Reply

Hey Buddy, are you ok? I’d never seen you make so many typos before, I hope your account has not been hijacked.

Cat Daddy // January 6, 2010 at 4:39 pm

I am okay. I was just typing and commenting too fast. I will double my effort to not misspell again.

tone 41 // January 5, 2010 at 10:16 pm | Reply

Wow, what an amazing family! This is a very theta story; thanks for posting it.

Ex-RPFer // January 5, 2010 at 10:44 pm | Reply

I am glad to see that these parents had the sense to listen to their kid and help him through the whole thing.
    Fantastic for him. I am glad that he got some closure.

Jim Logan // January 5, 2010 at 10:46 pm | Reply

Interesting study at U of Virginia which states: “In many cases of this type the child’s statements have been shown to correspond accurately to facts in the life and death of a deceased person; in many of these cases the families concerned have had no contact before the case developed. Some of the children have birthmarks and birth defects that correspond to wounds or other marks on the deceased person whose life a child remembers. In numerous cases postmortem reports have confirmed these correspondences.”
    o

veritas // January 6, 2010 at 8:15 am | Reply

Makes sense, very cool info.
    o

veritas // January 6, 2010 at 8:20 am | Reply

Very well presented documentary! The Marty Rathbun Channel rocks!

yourfriendtoo // January 5, 2010 at 11:44 pm | Reply

My older son (he is 18 years now) when he was little, used to tell me he was an OT from LA. He was sure he did OT V and he said, I’ll tell you later if I did VII and VIII I just need to remember…. He used to give me LRH refernces. He has been an incredible son, he is very up stat and very smart. He is in University now. We never invalidated him. He knew what he knew, then one day he started the HQS course and while reading the Problems of work, he started to cry and told me he used to have his own buisness and was very sucessful and he said, I lost every thing, my buisness, my family, my friends, so much effort why? if when you die you loose everything you have? he stop talking about it.
    o

veritas // January 6, 2010 at 8:33 am | Reply

I always say I want to get out of this life alive. As long as I have myself, replacing silverware and wardrobe can be fun. I’ve already started planning …you know, whether I want to go to a place that has cars or not 😉

Seriously, there are unlimited number of dimensions. Brian Greene maps out a few in “The Fabric of the Cosmos: Space, Time, and the Texture of Reality.”

How cool is it that we can boost the only thing we really need to take with us? And by the law of love — which is affinity — I know that it is only natural that I won’t lose those I love and those who love me.

Any thing is replaceable;) except a being.

veritas // January 6, 2010 at 8:35 am

(And by the law of love — which is affinity — I know that it is only natural that I won’t lose those I love and those who love me.) —> …because affinity doesn’t tolerate distance, shares space.

Kathy Braceland // January 5, 2010 at 11:54 pm | Reply

I love it!

Gaia // January 6, 2010 at 12:39 am | Reply

When I was about 9 years old, I was standing in front of an old small drop front desk in my family’s living room. I dropped the lid of the desk and suddenly a picture appeared in my vision. I was delivering a baby! I could feel the movements necessary to support the infant’s head as it emerged. I knew exactly what to do.

I was NEVER able to explain this until I sat down with a Scientologist. I think this is far more common than admitted. Very theta story…Thank you!

TRUTH // January 6, 2010 at 7:08 am | Reply

Theta story! Thank you Marty.

I remember telling my auditor the truth(time,form,place and event) about my auditing in my past life. It was so funny to see the “blank” look on her face as if she didn’t believe what I was telling her.
    Imagine what that can do to the PC’s case. Total invalidation!
    Well, I didn’t buy into it and knew what is true to me, is true.

NOTSaware // January 6, 2010 at 7:48 am | Reply

Well what can I say? Those who read my story should have noticed the part I’d mentioned about me recalling my wife’s name in our previous life. But the most significative experience was recalling being audited on Dianetics and having the Clear cognition in august 1959 which signed the EP for that type of auditing. This lifetime had to refresh what I already knew and continue from there. Bur Miscavige knows better, there are no Past Life Clears.

RJ // January 6, 2010 at 10:13 am | Reply

Marty, you are one cool dude. I loved that story when I first read about it. It reminded me of the hundreds of hours of Dianetics I audited.

Thanks for posting the vid.

P. Henry // January 6, 2010 at 6:04 pm | Reply

When I was four years old I lived with my family in Colorado. Around this time I began originating all sorts of very “weird” communications to my mother. And my mother, as cool as she was and continues to be, did not know how to handle these originations.

One of the comms I kept telling her was that I used to live in California. I would describe the street I lived on and the house I lived in. She just could not have this. As she had a brother who lived in CA, she told me that this was just a dream I was having due to listening to stories about my Uncle Truman living out in CA. I eventually let go of the memory but not the truth. The other thing I would announce to my mother was that I was going to go around to all the libraries in the world and find out what God was. Also, and this one really caused her some anguish, I insisted that I was not a Christian but I didn’t stop there. I went on to, in no uncertain terms, assert my disdain for this religion.

Well, observing the reactions to my originations, I quickly learned that there are some things that you just keep to yourself. However, I couldn’t help but leak from time to time which caused people to consider me, although a likable guy, a bit strange.

When I read DMSMH, as much as the content of that book indicated as workable to me, I was more than a little concerned that there was no mention of past lives. That omission just didn’t make sense. Later, when I went in to the Dn Center to get my OCA analysis, one of the first books I spotted was, Have You Lived Before This Life. I instantly went VGIs.

Here’s a great song/lyrics by Kirtana.

” I have to say, I have to say, I’ve always been.”

6. Other Network with more detail.

7. Good points, I think I will definitely subscribe! I’ll go and read some more! What do you see the future of this being?

8. Dear Me,

A lot of fun!

(hold on with two hands)

arc, tony